compensation: $45,000+/yr salary DOE, PLUS Commission employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Applications and Sales Engineer for Cutting Tools and Abrasives calling on large and small manufacturers/job shops in Northern Minnesota and Eastern North Dakota
* Prepares technical solutions for large and small manufacturing companies/job shops working with their manufacturing engineers, machine operators and other technical personnel.
* Provides product, service, technical expertise and engineering support on customers manufacturing equipment (mills, lathes, grinding machines)
* Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand machining and manufacturing requirements.
* Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
* Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
* Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* 1-3 Years' experience in a Manufacturing/Machine Shop Environment preferred but would consider training the right individual with right technical aptitude, willingness to learn and ability to call on 4-6 customers per day. Must be able to work independently.
* General CNC Lathe and Mill Programming Skills.
* Innovative and Creative Problem Solving, Selling to Customer Needs, Outlook/Word/Excel/Powerpoint Software Requirements, Presentation Skills, Technical Understanding, Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Required.
* Reliable transportation is a necessity. Monthly car allowance provided.
This is a spectacular opportunity to move from the shop floor to a Sales Application Engineer position and work on 2-3 different projects and applications each day.
Occasional overnight travel required. Alexandria, Fergus Falls, Brainard and Fargo/Moorhead area preferred. If you cannot get out of bed in the morning and work independently DO NOT APPLY.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers